Thursday, May 24, 2012

Poetry!!!

Building on my last blog where Joseph Ramirez requested to see some of my writing. First time sharing my poetry publically, actually... hopefully it's as good as I think it is.

I like writing in whimsical-sounding meters. They almost all have a certain bounce and light-heartedness to them, even the darker, sadder poems. They're also all very, very simple. Enjoy!

"Had I Been a Boy" (ps, never heard Beyonce's song when I wrote this!!)

Had I been a boy,
I wouldn't have any frills
My clothes would be all made
to take my childish spills.

As a girl I would be silly
to use a magnifying glass
To spy upon a little ant
and burn his little ass

And had I been a boy,
I need not hitch up my skirt
when climbing up a tree, you see
in pants it's hardly work!

Had I been a boy,
I need not sneak away
to cut my bothersome pigtails off,
and hide there for a day.

Had I been a boy,
I'd try harder not to cry
If the boys would call me sissy,
I would rather die!

But dearest, dearest darling!
Oh please hear this:
Had I been a boy instead,
I'd miss your loving kiss.

But had I been a boy,
and acted tenderly,
I might have gotten all the luck
And found a girl like me!


1 comment: