Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Steampunk Journey

As far as literature goes, so far all I've done since the last time I wrote about Steampunk was get "The Difference Machine" from the library, take it back, then put it on hold again, then forget about it until they took it off hold.

However, with music, I've (of course) gotten much more engrossed. I've found that many bands are considered "Steampunk" that may not consider themselves part of the genre. My list of artists from this genre has grown a little from when I first mentioned it, and I've definitely formulated some favorites:

8. Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire
7. Hazmat Modine (Warning: "Bahamut" might make your brain explode from the awesomeness)
6. Humanwine
5. Rasputina
4. Emma Wallace
3. Vermillion Lies
2. Dr. Steel (2nd favorite for sure)

But most importantly... drum roll please... 1. Jill Tracy!!! Such a fan now.

"The Fine Art of Poisoning" by Jill Tracy

PS: Have I mentioned the local community theatre is performing a Steampunk Sweeney Todd? And I'm going to be in the chorus? And yes, you are correct, that is the coolest thing ever.


2 comments: