Thursday, March 8, 2012

Re-writing Songs, Episode 1

When I hear a song just a few lines away from being good, I get a little upset... no, correction, a lot upset. So it is with Bruno Mars's "Lazy Song." If I were given the lyrics to the song and he was like, "Yup, all done!" I'd have to slap his wrists with a ruler and tell him to get back to work. And if you even THINK about adding whistling in the chorus, so help me I will take that stupid hat of yours and feed it to a hungry pack of wolves.

When Adam read this, he had the perfect explanation: "Well of course the writing is lazy. The day he wrote it, he was feeling lazy."

Sniff... I... I sorry.

So here is Bruno's song if I were to edit it. ENJOY!

CHORUS:
G D C
Today I don't feel like doing anything
G D C
I just wanna lay in my bed
G D
Don't feel like picking up my phone
C
So leave a message at the tone
G B7 C
Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything

VERSE 1:
G D
Uh, I'm gonna kick my feet up and stare at the fan
C
Turn the TV on, get a television tan
G D C
Nobody's gonna tell me I can't, nah

G D
I'll be lying on the couch just watchin’ TV
C
Today’s the day that it’s all about me
G D C
Cause in my castle I'm the freakin man

PRE-CHORUS:
Am
Oh Oh, yes I said it
Bm
I said it
C D
I said it cause I can

CHORUS

Nothing at all
G D
Ooh hoo ooh hoo
C
Hoo ooh ooh, Nothing at all
G D
Ooh hoo ooh hoo
C
Hoo ooh ooh

VERSE 2:
G D
Tomorrow I wake up, no earlier than ten
C
Gonna longue around the house ‘til I don’t know when
G D C
And everything that day will go great
G D
I might mess around, finish a project or two
C
Then again, I might just hit snooze
G D C
I'm sorry work but you’ll have to wait

PRE-CHORUS
CHORUS

BRIDGE:
Am D
No I ain't gonna comb my hair
G D
Cause I ain't going anywhere
C Bm G
No no no no no no no no nooo
Am D
I'll just strut in my birthday suit
G D
And let everything hang loose
C Bm G Em
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeahhh

CHORUS
Here's the original with the super-awesome music video 
(NOT THE MONKEYS ONE... geez, what was he thinking?!)


Any songs you would re-write? Maybe requests? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment